Friday, July 30, 2010

Building up the barn base

We wanted to build the barn up some from the surrounding land so that water wouldn't flow into the barn when it rains.  So we had six huge dump truck loads of dirt delivered.  And then we had to get the dirt into the barn.  There was no way I was hauling all of that stuff into there with a wheel barrel. I would be moving dirt for the rest of my life.  





 So we rented a bobcat to move the dirt.  Spencer did the driving - I was afraid I would knock down the barn.  I did take one spin in the bobcat towards the end of the day, and it was pretty cool.  The bobcat made short work of moving the dirt into the barn.  




















Spencer put several loads of dirt into each stall, and then I started raking dirt around.  That's hard work!  At the end of the day, we had a lot of dirt in the barn but still a lot of work to do.

























 

No comments:

Post a Comment